Sonntag, 17. September 2017

Gifted Gorgeousness SAL - September

Same procedure as every month - it's GGSAL time and I am two days late for it :D I planned to post this update on Saturday, so I would only have been one day late, but I was just so busy yesterday. You know summer is nearly over and all my lovely flowers in the garden are looking a bit dull by now, so I decided to pick up some autumn flowers and so I spent a lot of time in the garden yesterday.
Anyway, a late update is still better than no update and I actually do have a bit to show this month! This wonderful SAL is hosted by Jo and you can find the link-up here.

As for my progress, the first thing I have to share is bad news. I wanted to pick up In the Moonlight and work on it for a few days, but I noticed, that I made a mistake - the fabric orientation is wrong... I can't believe that I didn't notice this when I started! Now the fabric is actually to short =/ I am happy that I am "just" 3500 stitches in, but it still put me down. I already cut a new piece of fabric because I definitely want to restart this. But I just couldn't push myself to do this right now.

Sine I was super determined to stitch one of my Wolf designs and In the Moonlight was out, I decided to take out my Wolf Kiss and I made some nice progress on this - the needle just flew through this =)
I went from here:
To here:
The second wolf now has an eye and I also decided to add the back stitching to both eyes and I think it looks lovely =)

The second project I want to share is my Map of Middle Earth. I was aiming for a page finish, but there are still 800 stitches left on page 5, But I will definitely have them done by next month. I am at 38 000 stitches now - so I am past the halfway point on my first row of pages!
I went from here:
To here:
I added 6 000 stitches this year and I really hope to add a few more (at least 4 000).

The last one I have to show - as every month - is Candy Cane Santa.
I went from here:
To here:
Santa is getting a hand! Yay! But actually, it makes Santa look even more creepy... :D Perhaps it will get better once he has that candy cane :D

Ok that's it for this month, I am off to stitch now =)

5 Kommentare:

  1. Thanks for taking part in GG this month. Love seeing your Middle Earth progress.
    How frustrating about Moonlight though, 3,500 stitches is a lot.
    What needs doing to Santa's eyes to make them less staring?

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Wow great progress on all your projects!

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. What a shame about Moonlight.
    Great stitching and progress on your other projects

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. How frustration about In the Moonlight :( 3500 stitches is a lot for some people, but knowing you you will soon get there again. The wolf kiss one is very sweet, and great progress on your other designs as well!

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Oh no sorry to hear about Moonlight, what a shame. I understand not feeling like doing the re-start straight away, I've done that before. You weren't kidding that your needle flew through Wolf Kiss, such a massive achievement on that beauty.

    Middle Earth always makes me go "whoa" no matter how much you progress on it. It's fantastic Jo.

    I think Santa does look a wee bit creepy, I don't know why. But at least you got alot done.
    Good GG for you this month stunner, well done!
    xo Alicia

    AntwortenLöschen

Dieser Blog ist mit Blogspot, einem Googleprodukt, erstellt und wird von Google gehostet.
Es gelten die  Datenschutzerklärung & Nutzungsbedingungen  für Googleprodukte.