Sonntag, 10. April 2016

Page finish on Ride of the Yokai and a new start for the Haed Challenge

It has been ages since I posted here, way longer than I planned to, but the flu came to visit. For half a week I was so ill that I didn't stitch at all (that's really rare for me...). I still have to take antibiotics for a few more days, but I am slowly getting better and I even picked up some stitching.
I am terribly behind with my stitching plans, since finishing a page on Ride of the Yokai I only worked on some of my non Haeds (it was easier to concentrate on), but I think I will try and put one of my Haeds on the frame.

But I can still show some progress!
First is Ride of the Yokai, I managed to get the page finished before the flu caught me :D
The pages are small (only around 2100 stitches), but it still takes me a week to finish them. I love all the colors on this one and the coverage on 32ct is so nice. I think the 32ct and I are becoming friends now ;-)

Michele decided to start the second Haed Challenge on Facebook on 1st of April and the goal is to do one page (or 1 1/2 if you are in large format) cross country by doing one color at a time.
Since I usually do parking and I mostly work in columns, I decided to do a new start for it.

I picked QS Trapped by Melanie Delon, here is what I will look like:
The designs is 225x190 stitches and that makes 12 pages in large format
I want to stitch page 2 and half of page 3 and I started with her face. I did some 10 colors so far and she looks really weird with no eyes :D
My plan so far is to finish the whole project in cross country. So far I like that the face is the first thing to appear and stitching seems to go rather fast. But I sometime get bored by working just one color at a time. I think this technique is easier when you have a tablet, so you can use an app to highlight the symbols. I am currently tracking down all the symbols with a marker and then stitch them and highlight them with another marker. I keep missing symbols from time to time, which is quite annoying. I have the pdf open on my laptop, but highlighting with preview doesn't work that well and my lap top is after all quite heavy.
I will definitely finish the challenge and maybe this will be easier once I get used to it :D

I will be back in a few days with an update for the GG SAL.
Happy stitching =)

4 Kommentare:

  1. So sorry to hear you've been ill, but glad you are better now and back to stitching. :) Yokai is still looking gorgeous with all those colors. And I love your new start! I think the neatest part about cross country stitching is watching the design slowly fill in, like a puzzle. Ninja stitches (those pesky ones you miss) are a definite pain, but I just leave them til the end, and they aren't so bad. Good luck with the challenge!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Gorgeous new start! I always miss stitches when I stitch HAEDs cross country, and it's such a pain to come back to missed stitches.

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. I love your new start! Good luck with the challenge.

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Johanna I'd like to respond to your comment from my blog. Please send me your email. Mine is jan1228@alpinemeadow.com Thanks!!!

    AntwortenLöschen

Dieser Blog ist mit Blogspot, einem Googleprodukt, erstellt und wird von Google gehostet.
Es gelten die  Datenschutzerklärung & Nutzungsbedingungen  für Googleprodukte.